Monday, August 09, 2010

Sherlock

A caricature of Benedict Cumberbatch, the title star of the BBC's fantastic new Sherlock TV series.

And stages...

11 comments:

  1. Awesome. I knew I'd drawn his nose too low on mine, and this proves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 AM

    You're amazing, Euan !
    I like a lot all your drawings.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superb! I love the use of red in the lower left shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, normally I am not so much into this style but you really have a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIce work man!

    I want to show you my caricature blog, would be great to know youe opinion:

    http://andrescascianicaricaturas.blogspot.com/

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all very much.

    Neil - He's got an odd face, and it did take me a while to decide on the proportions. I think the fact that our two caricatures are so very different shows how he could be interpreted in a number of ways.

    Ian - It had been commented elsewhere that the red might have been a deliberate allusion to "a Study in Scarlet", but I'm not that clever.

    Jamie - Are you any relation to Sherlock?

    Andres - I shall have a look at your site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is really good! Would it be alright if I repost your drawing on my blog, will credit you, of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this again is superb and really spot on!!

    ReplyDelete