Saturday, January 08, 2011

Pete Postlethwaite 1946 - 2011

A tribute to the actor Pete Postlethwaite, who sadly died last week.

16 comments:

  1. Phenomenal as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espetacular! Parabéns, meu amigo!

    Abraço cordial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work.... I didn't know that he'd died until I'd seen this awesome artwork...
    A fitting tribute...

    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad news ! I didn't knew he was dead...
    Great tribute, and great illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant homage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great technique...is this photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great job! this one is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great one Em and a nice tribute well done !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all very much for the great response.

    Andy - Yes, it's all Photoshop. I did it in greyscale first, then added colours - Not a technique I use often, but it seems to have worked okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:13 PM

    AWESOME!

    the scratchy technique was perfect for this subject.

    great tribute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I thought something a tad rougher would be appropriate for Mr Postlethwaite.

    Cheers, Will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's very kind of you Niall - I've seen some good ones (Paul Moyse's take specifically comes to mind)

    ReplyDelete